To qualify for the West Virginia Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship Program, a student must meet the following basic selection criteria:
- Be a United States Citizen or resident alien.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale upon graduating from high school or have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale after completion of two semesters of course work at an eligible institution of higher education.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in engineering, science, or technology program leading to a certificate or an associate or bachelor’s degree at an eligible institution of higher education.
- Agree to work full-time in an engineering, science or technology field in West Virginia for one year for each year the scholarship was received or begin an approved program of community service related to engineering, science or technology.
- Be willing to repay the scholarship received plus interest and any required collection fees if he/she fails to fulfill the work requirement.
Priority is given to West Virginia residents.
Scholarships of up to $3,000 are awarded annually while funding is available. Awards are contingent upon annual funding of the program by the West Virginia State Legislature.
Awards may be renewed for up to 4 years (3 years after initial award) of undergraduate coursework. Students must complete the WV Engineering, Science and Technology Scholarship application every year after it opens October 1 but before the March 1 deadline. Renewal applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA to continue receiving the award