Apply for the WV Invests Grant
To apply, you must complete the FAFSA and WV Invests Grant Application every year.
1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
All applicants must complete the FAFSA at studentaid.gov/fafsa soon as possible before the April 15 priority deadline.
- Complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA, which is currently available, with the 2023-2024 WV Invests Grant Application.
- Complete the 2024-2025 FAFSA, which will become available December 2023, with the 2024-2025 WV Invests Grant Application.
2. WV Invests Grant Application
Complete the WV Invests Grant Application before the April 15 priority deadline.
The 2023-2024 WV Invests Grant Application is for summer 2023, fall 2023, and spring 2024.
The 2024-2025 WV Invests Grant Application is for summer 2024, fall 2024, and spring 2025.
Before completing a WV Invests Grant application, you must have a WVSAM* Account, which was a new portal starting with the 2023-2024 application cycle and you would not have had an account for prior year applications. The 2023-2024 application is for a summer 2023, fall 2023 and/or spring 2024 award.
*If you do not have a WVSAM Account, you will need to create one. After creating the account, you will be sent an email (may be in your junk/spam) with a link to create your password then to log in. Once logged in, navigate to the My Applications section, click New and select WV Invests Grant then hit Next.
Electronic award letter notifications are sent on a rolling basis beginning in:
- March for students eligible for awards beginning with the summer term
- June for students eligible for awards beginning with the fall term
- November for students eligible for awards beginning with the spring term